We started on the Internet. We work from remote and met periodically face-to-face somewhere in the region. As organization we see ourselves as an open community, a network of individuals, informal and formal groups.
We perceive Internet as our media, our tool, our space, but more of all, as our human right.
You have known, read and follow OneWorldSEE.org a multilanguage and multimedia platform for civil society organizations in Southeast Europe. The portal in 4 languages launched in 2003 that brought civil society issue to you in your language of preference for 12 years.
To paraphrase Aqualang from Jetro Tull “At the beginning was the portal (2003) and the portal create the organization (2005)”. The organization’s name was and will remain longer and more articulate than our domains: OneWorld Platform for Southeast Europe Foundation (One World Platform). Each of our initiatives happens at least in two places and one of these is the virtual space of Internet.
One World Platform consists of small and dynamic team of committed professionals and civil society activists. It functions as a horizontal organization. All decision relevant to the organizational and strategical management are discussed – together.
Partners and donors
We are here thanks to the support, trust and relationships with many organizations and institution. With them we share principles of action, critical visions and the belief that another world is possible. This is our public thanks to them:
- Hivos, people unlimited is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues;
- Association for Progressive Communication is a non-profit association of member and partner networks around the world, committed to making the internet serve the needs of global civil society;
- Internews in Bosnia Herzegovina is an international non-profit organization whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect and the means to make their voices heard;
- Web We Want is a global movement to defend, claim and change the future of the Web;
- The Institute of Development Studies (IDS) is a leading global institution for development research, teaching and learning, and impact and communications, based at the University of Sussex with the Initiative Parcipate2015; Knowledge from the margins for post-2015